Please Contact us at our Toll Free Number: 1800-110-500
»  What was the need for such an Act?
»  who is who
»  PNDT Act
»  Publications
»  Important Judgements
»  Action Plan
»  Violations/Penalties
»  National Inspection and Monitoring Committee
»  New Initiatives
»  Gazette Notification
»  NGO Guidelines
»  Wall Journal

How to Complain

A complainant can approach the designated Appropriate Authority of the State or

District or sub district. The Appropriate Authority at the State level is a high ranking health department official above the rank of Joint Director of Health and Family Welfare. But there are also officials at local level in rural and urban areas who can be approached – the civil surgeon or the chief medical officer at the district level; the chief health officer or a ward health officer in a city; and the medical superintendent


A written complaint has to be made to the Appropriate Authority (AA), which has to acknowledge receipt. If the AA takes no action within 15 days, the complainant can go to Court with the acknowledgment receipt. Alternatively the complainant can also approach a social organisation like an NGO working on women’s rights issues in the area or State.